Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Start of it All

Hello everyone!

My name is Spencer Jenkins, and I am the writer/director of a new no-budget film called "Admirer." This space will be dedicated to posting updates and information about how we are doing what we are doing throughout the production of the film.

Before we start talking about "how" I want to give you a little "why." This project originated about 8 years ago in high school. My friends and I, who often experimented with short films, were going to actually write one for a change. So we came up with a simple idea, a man following someone, and went with it. Over the years, it grew from 5 pages, to 10, to 20 and so on. Somehow it never really got off the ground.

After High School, my friends and I went off in our own directions for a while. My direction was to go to New York City to study acting. This experience not only opened me up as an actor, but to all sorts of other creativity. I took writing classes, I learned stage combat, I learned about cameras, auditioning. All things that I could bring to a project.

Then I came back, and we all reunited. We realized that "Admirer" kept popping up in conversations and just wouldn't go away. I started writing it again when I had time.

Over a year later, here we are with a full length feature film script. And you know what? We're all sick of talking about it. It's time to do it.

We have no money. Barely any equipment. No expertise. All we have is the creativity we each can bring to the table and a desire to work on something we love.

So four friends from high school, Spencer Jenkins, John Charles Mercurio, Kyle Molldene and Tony Diaz, are setting out to make a no budget, action packed feature film they've been dreaming of for more than a decade.

What I want to do here in this blog is update not only about the film, but how we're making it. We have to get creative with how we do things, and we want to share that with anyone who is interested. Maybe it will inspire someone, or give them the foundations that can lead to bigger and better ideas.

In the coming week I will add some more info about the movie itself and the writing process. I'll also update on the equipment we are currently amassing, as well as some helpful links.

Additionally, if you like what we're doing and what to support us, we are going to be launching a Kickstarter campaign in the fall. The amount we're trying to raise will be very modest.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment